Triple Threat Chocolate Cookies
With melted chocolate, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips, these fudgy, chewy, triple chocolate cookies will impress the chocolate lovers in your life and satisfy even the most intense chocolate cravings! Not only are they sure to become your favorite chocolate cookie, this is a fail-safe recipe that can be whipped up in 1 bowl in under 10 minutes. Warning: quick and decadent is a dangerous combination, so make at your own risk!!Print
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped I use 6 oz 51% and 2 oz 70%
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter (86 grams)
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (94 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (27 grams) cocoa powder, sifted or tapped through a fine mesh strainer
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (160 grams) chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (I usually add a combination of chopped semisweet chocolate and chocolate chips, but you can use any type of chocolate or chips)
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F
- Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave for 30 second increments giving it a stir after each 30 second heating.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together both sugars, eggs, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. (I’ve given mixing these ingredients in a separate bowl as an instruction since I think it’s probably the best and most fail-safe way to make these. But truth be told, I usually just add this stuff on top of my wet ingredients, try to mix it together a bit while it’s just sitting on top of the wet ingredients, and then mix together with the wet ingredients below.) Mix wet and dry ingredients together to combine. Add in the melted chocolate/butter and mix thoroughly with a spatula. Fold in chopped chocolate/chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto a parchment-lined baking pan and bake for 10 minutes. When you remove the cookies from the oven, they will still be a bit soft, so let them cool on the baking pan for 5-10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Eat within 2 days or freeze and either allow the cookies to come to room temp or if you can’t wait that long, microwave on a plate for 20-30 seconds to get the chocolate nice and gooey again -though the cookie can get a bit flimsy so be sure to put it on a plate!