This fresh salad makes a great meal on its own and is also a must as part of a Mediterranean dinner. It’s fresh, tangy, healthy, and tasty. You either eat it on it’s own or for some extra protein, add some grilled chicken, salmon, or even some chickpeas will be delicious! Best of all, it’s so easy to make!!Print
- 1 European cucumber, seeds removed and cubed
- 1 small container (250 grams) of cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- About 25 pitted kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 100 grams (3 ½ oz) feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ red onion, diced (I don’t add this because I don’t love raw onion. Unless you’re like me, definitely add it!)
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 handfuls fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- You can also taste for salt, but I don’t think this needs much, if any, because the olives and feta give it plenty of salty flavor.
Mix all ingredients together, and serve immediately. Alternatively, you can make it a few hours in advance and add the olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice just before serving.